Full Stack Engineering Trainer (Technology Academy)
Join us on our mission to connect the next generation with the opportunities, insights and advice to succeed as the workforce of tomorrow.Apply Now
Join Bright Network Technology Academy as our Full Stack Engineering Trainer!
Introducing Bright Network Technology Academy:
Bright Network exists to connect ambitious young people from all backgrounds with the brightest career opportunities. We partner with 250+ of the world’s leading employers (including the likes of Amazon, Google & Goldman Sachs) and support 600,000+ graduates as they move into the world of work. We’ve raised £8M+ of venture capital and use proprietary data and technology to deliver superior hiring outcomes for our members and client partners.
In January 2021, Bright Network established the Bright Network Technology Academy as part of our mission to train 100,000+ young people in technology and digital skills over the next five years.
We have purpose built a free-to-access training and development bootcamp that will train graduates to become Full Stack Software Engineers in order to help them secure their first jobs. We have trained over 75 engineers since February and have deployed Software Engineers to some of the world’s largest businesses. We are currently training our third cohort of future software engineers which is due to complete in December 2021.
More about the opportunity:
We have already run out first iteration of our 12-week training curriculum but we now have ambitious plans to improve the overall learning experience. We’re seeking a Full Stack Engineer who is passionate about upskilling, mentoring, and teaching others to both iterate and deliver Full Stack Engineering training for our future cohorts.
This is a unique opportunity to be heavily involved in designing and delivering our Full Stack Engineering Bootcamp within a fast-scaling team that looks to shake up the ‘Academy’ market and make a genuine difference to young people’s lives. You’ll be a core part of the training delivery team with full autonomy in your course delivery and style.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years’ experience in either Software Engineering or training people in Software Engineering
- On top of this, it would be great if you were comfortable, but not necessarily an expert, working with: HTML, CSS, React, Spring, SQL, Data Structures & Algorithms
- Experience training, mentoring, or supporting junior software engineers
- An expert communicator at all levels of an organisation
- Hands on / commercial experience and an understanding of how it works “in the real world” not just in a classroom
- An entrepreneurial mind who is passionate about developing others and is excited by the prospect of truly disrupting and innovating an industry
- An understanding of the entry-level technology market and the requirements of a junior software engineer
- You thrive on feedback and want to continue to develop best in class content for Bright Network Members
We can offer you:
- Autonomy to create and be part of a world beating training bootcamp to develop the brightest, most diverse technology talent on the market
- The chance to disrupt an industry and provide the world’s best employers with better access to high performing technical talent
- An opportunity to be join the team early in our growth journey – scratching your entrepreneurial-itch without the downside risk
- A flat & transparent structure with a values-driven & collaborative culture (which you can hear more about here!)
- The opportunity to work with a high-growth and rapidly scaling business
- Open plan Liverpool Street office, with snacks, beer tap & team drinks on Fridays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular team socials (virtual and face-to-face when allowed!)
- Salary: Competitive & dependent on experience
- Start Date: ASAP
- Location: Remote or London
- Contract: We are happy to discuss either permanent or contract opportunities
- Management: Report directly into Head of Technology Academy
We'll respond to successful applicants within five working days. If you haven't heard back from us within that time frame, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. If that is the case, we encourage you to keep checking the Bright Network Careers Page for future job openings that might spark your interest!