Client Services Manager
Join us on our mission to connect the next generation with the opportunities, insights and advice to succeed as the workforce of tomorrow.Apply Now
Introducing Bright Network
Bright Network exists to connect ambitious young people from all backgrounds with the brightest career opportunities. We partner with 250+ of the world’s leading employers (including the likes of Amazon, Google & Goldman Sachs) and support 600,000+ graduates as they move into the world of work. We’ve raised £8M+ of venture capital and use proprietary data and technology to deliver superior hiring outcomes for our members and client partners.
In January 2021, we established the Bright Network Technology Academy as part of our mission to train 100,000+ young people in technology and digital skills over the next five years.
We have purpose built a free-to-access training and development bootcamp that will train graduates to become Full Stack Software Engineers in order to help them secure their first jobs. We have trained over 125 engineers since February 2021 and have deployed Software Engineers to some of the world’s largest businesses. We recently started training our fifth cohort in April 2022.
More about the opportunity
We're on the hunt for a high-achieving, ambitious and entrepreneurial Client Services Manager to join the commercial team at Bright Network Technology Academy.
If you’re a few years into your career, have already gained some excellent client and operational experience and are now ready to move up to the next level in high-growth, scale-up environment, we would love to hear from you.
Your role as Client Services Manager will include a combination of key client account management and new business development. You will play not only a pivotal role in growing our existing strategic partnerships but also in shaping the future success of our fast-growing team.
We’re looking for someone with 2+ year’s experience in a commercial / client management role.
- Business development will account for approximately 25% of your role. With support from our B2B marketing team, you will identify and secure new strategic partners, using a multi-channel approach. You must be able to plan your work self-sufficiently to build and nurture relationships with Tech Leaders. This will include but is not limited to LinkedIn activity, professional networking and staying on top of industry trends by participating in thought leadership events.
- With support from the Commercial Director, you will manage an end-to-end sales process, from initial outreach to contract negotiation and ongoing account management. If you’ve never worked in this field before, this will involve a steep learning curve so you’ll need to be a fast learner with an ability to plan and execute your work effectively.
- You will be a trusted manager and advisor to our key clients, working continuously to assess their needs, handle and resolve their queries, understand their requirements, identify risks, all the while building strong relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- You will develop strategies to improve processes and customer services, and work with our operations and training teams to deliver the best possible talent into our client’s tech teams.
- You will think and plan strategically to grow our key accounts against an ambitious growth target. You will work collaboratively with marketing and operations teams to ensure the best possible outcome for both us and for the client
- Build and nurture relationships with HR and Tech Leaders – both within our client community and the wider industry
- Regularly host, lead and participate in meetings, presentations, partnership reviews and client sessions – often with multiple senior stakeholders to ensure the best possible communication channels with our clients
- We’re a start up! So you’ll need to be prepared to deal with ambiguity and support and enable other teams as well as focusing on your own objectives. Your opinion and insights will be listened to and you will be instrumental in shaping the future success of Bright Network Tech Academy
Does this sound like you?
- A self-starter with a proven ability to thrive within a fast paced / high growth environment
- A proven track record of success in hitting sales targets
- Commercially astute and have gained exposure to the end-to-end sales process
- Have experience in enterprise level account management – you’ve gained solid experience of managing stakeholders and working on 6 figure accounts – in either a leading or support capacity
- Solutions-focused with a solid work ethic
- Experience in tech recruitment, L&D/Training/ early careers space is not essential but nice to have
- Familiar with managing pipeline and sales data, preferably using a CRM
- Highly organised, analytical, and you’re a problem solver. We don’t have all the answers yet and you’ll be part of figuring them out!
If your experience looks a little different to that outlined, we’d still be keen to hear from you if this is a role that excites you and one that you think you could really excel in.
We can offer you :
- A high-growth and rapidly scaling business (we recently secured £3.5 million in funding)
- A flat & transparent structure with a values-driven & collaborative culture (which you can hear more about here!)
- A culture of flexibility & trust where you have access to an unlimited holiday allowance & flexible / hybrid-working policies
- £50 per month flexible wellbeing budget to be spent on the wellbeing benefits of your choice through our benefits platform
- Annual company-wide bonus scheme
- Enhanced pension contribution through Aviva
- Private healthcare plan
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Sales introduction & employee referral schemes
- A culture of constant growth & improvement, with monthly lunch & learns & ad-hoc training budget for team or individual training
- Open plan & buzzing Liverpool Street office, with snack station, foosball table, beer tap & team drinks on Fridays!
- Regular team socials including our annual full team off-site, Christmas Party and other celebrations!
Key details :
- Salary : Competitive & dependent on experience
- Start Date : ASAP
- Location : Edinburgh or London with hybrid-working
Application & interview process :
- Initial screening call : 20-30 minute Zoom call with our People Team
- 1st round : 60 minute competency interview
- 2nd round : panel presentation followed by a values & culture interview
Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis.
We'll respond to successful applicants within five working days. If you haven't heard back from us within that time frame, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. If that is the case, we encourage you to keep checking the Bright Network Careers Page for future job openings that might spark your interest!