Managing Director - Technology Academy
Join us on our mission to connect the next generation with the opportunities, insights and advice to succeed as the workforce of tomorrow.Apply Now
Join Bright Network as our Managing Director - Technology Academy
Click here to apply or scroll down to read more!
Introducing Bright Network & the Technology Academy:
Bright Network exists to connect ambitious young people from all backgrounds with the brightest career opportunities. We partner with 250+ of the world’s leading employers (including the likes of Amazon, Google & Goldman Sachs) and support 500,000+ graduates as they move into the world of work. We’ve raised £8M+ of venture capital and use proprietary data and technology to deliver superior hiring outcomes for our members and client partners.
In January 2021, Bright Network established the Bright Network Technology Academy as part of our mission to train 100,000+ young people in technology and digital skills over the next five years.
We have purpose built a free-to-access training and development bootcamp that will train graduates to become Full Stack Software Engineers in order to help them secure their first jobs. Training of the first cohort of 50 learners was completed in May and has been hugely successful - our engineers have been thriving with partner firms since May 2021.
After a successful initial pilot, we’re now seeking a Managing Director to successfully lead and run this business unit. The Managing Director will be responsible for defining the long-term vision & strategy for the Technology Academy, as well as leading & managing the commercial, operational & marketing teams within the business unit to ensure a successful roll-out & long-term success.
This is a unique opportunity to build and lead a brand-new business unit within an exciting scale-up whilst also making a genuine difference to young people’s lives. You’ll be establishing and delivering into strategic partnerships that will ultimately increase access to careers in technology and improve diversity across the sector.
Remit & responsibilities:
Strategic roll-out of the business unit:
- Define the long-term objectives, vision and strategy for the Technology Academy.
- Build a fully modelled three-year business plan through to 2024 to include objectives & key milestones, commercial targets & fully modelled P&L.
- Define clear market positioning for the Technology Academy.
- Take full responsibility for the business unit’s financial targets and performance - reporting to the Board and Executive Team.
Ensure the successful commercial roll-out of the business unit:
- Work with the Commercial Director to define the commercial strategy, building a solid pipeline of new strategic partnerships & establishing a clear plan to ensure continuous growth of strategic partnerships
- Establish strong & trusting working relationships with key stakeholders & buyers.
- Work with the B2B Marketing team to develop & oversee commercial marketing activity to build the Technology Academy’s brand & presence amongst relevant HR & Technology stakeholders.
- Develop a strategic plan to ensure BNTA's inclusion on the PSL of existing clients of the RTD model.
Build & lead the Technology Academy team:
- Manage the operational and commercial teams within the business unit - ensuring effective collaboration to ensure we deliver high quality, diverse and engaged candidates to clients.
- Coach, support and develop team members to build a cohesive, effective and high-performing team.
- Define a scalable team structure & hiring needs for the business unit.
Ensure the successful day-to-day running of the Technology Academy
- Ensure all operational activity (including the recruitment of engineers, delivering of training & management of on-site consultants) is executed flawlessly to deliver an exceptional member/trainee experience.
- Ensure operational capacity is set up to scale in line with business plan requirements.
- Consistently seek out opportunities, innovations and improvements to drive the Technology Academy’s success.
What we’re looking for:
- You’re a Commercial / Business Leader with significant experience building, scaling and leading a business or business unit from scratch - ideally within the Tech recruitment / EdTech / RTD / SaaS space.
- You have experience developing the strategy, vision, objectives & targets for your business / business unit from scratch, as well as reporting on performance against these at Board level.
- You have experience overseeing the end to end sales process with enterprise companies and you understand best practice around both new business and account growth.
- You have a proven ability to identify buyer personas, access key customers (both companies and individuals) and initiate conversations that lead to 6 figure contracts.
- You’re an excellent communicator, influencer and negotiator who excels when pitching to a large group of senior stakeholders.
- You’re a performance and results-oriented leader with a proven ability to lead teams to hit and exceed commercial targets.
- You’re analytical, data-driven and confident in your ability to use data to track and continuously improve the performance of a business / business unit.
- You have experience in identifying talent, building a team and leading them to success.
- You’re passionate about technology and understand how corporations are using tech to compete.
- You feel passionately about Bright Network’s mission and have a passion for diversity and inclusion.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to join a high-growth and rapidly scaling business (we recently secured £3.5 million in funding).
- A transparent, values-driven & collaborative culture (which you can hear more about here!).
- Unlimited holiday & flexible/remote working.
- Open plan Liverpool Street office, with snacks, beer tap & team drinks on Fridays.
- Share options after 1 year’s service.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Regular team socials (virtual and in-person!).
Key details :
- Salary : Competitive & dependent on experience
- Start Date : ASAP
- Location : London, Liverpool Street (with remote & flexible working)
We'll respond to successful applicants within five working days. If you haven't heard back from us within that time frame, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. If that is the case, we encourage you to keep checking the Bright Network Careers Page for future job openings that might spark your interest!