Events Marketing Manager
Join us on our mission to connect the next generation with the opportunities, insights and advice to succeed as the workforce of tomorrow.
About Bright Network
At Bright Network, we connect ambitious young people from all backgrounds with the brightest career opportunities. Our leading platform provides members with the tools, advice and insights they need to access brilliant opportunities at global companies – ensuring the next generation finds the future they deserve and businesses identify the most powerful pipeline of tomorrow’s talent.
We help 250+ leading employers such as KPMG, Goldman Sachs and McKinsey & Company reach and recruit a diverse and inclusive pool of high-calibre talent to inspire and empower the next generation to carve out their future … and that’s where you come in!
As we grow, we’re looking for an experienced Events Marketing Manager to join our team!
More about the opportunity
As our Events Marketing Manager you will lead on all marketing activity across a portfolio of Bright Network’s events, such as Women in Leadership, Black Heritage Future Leaders and Proud to B. You will ensure we attract and deliver the number, and quality, of members to our prestigious and highly effective events through engaging, relevant digital campaigns.
You’ll be joining a collaborative and growing Events team whose aim is to connect our employer partners and students through exclusive and innovative networking opportunities. The Events Marketing Manager will balance strong project coordination and marketing expertise with creativity to connect approximately 5,000 students with over 200 of our employer partners every year.
Specifically, you will :
- Create, define and deliver the events marketing strategy including new and innovative marketing channels to attract high quality students to our events.
- Create event pages and content on the website to attract students and promote them across various channels to drive applications (including email, social, website and app).
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure brand is consistent across all events marketing collateral.
- Plan and initiate the social media plan for events in line with relevant targets.
- Manage acceptances, ensuring event attendees are kept warm throughout the application process and lead up to the event as well as managing attendance on the day of events.
- Work closely with the events team, supporting both in the lead up and on the day of events.
- Line manage our Events Marketing Executive and manage the events marketing budget.
- Partner with the sales team on client bespoke events.
- Use big data to improve messaging and personalisation for our student audience and analyse metrics to improve campaign performances
- Support students with the best advice and career events to help their early career, while defining our messaging and tone to our members.
Does this sound like you?
- You have at least 2 years’ experience in digital marketing and/or email marketing.
- You have excellent communication skills with experience in copywriting, preferably for the youth market.
- You have experience working via multiple social media channels and are up-to-date with relevant communications channels.
- You’re keen to develop your expertise further as a key contributor to a high-performing events team in a fast-growth business – happy to work flexibly and effectively with your team to get work done!
- You’re exceptionally organised with meticulous attention to detail – able to maintain a calm demeanour under the pressure of competing deadlines.
- Experience using any of the following would be beneficial, but not essential : Salesforce, Formstack, dotmailer, Google Suite, HTML or website management.
We can offer you :
- The opportunity to work in a high-growth and rapidly scaling business (we recently secured £3.5 million in funding).
- A transparent, values-driven & collaborative working culture (which you can hear more about here!).
- Unlimited holiday & flexible/remote working.
- Open plan Liverpool Street office, with snacks, beer tap & team drinks on Fridays.
- Regular team socials and the annual full team off-site.
Key details :
- Salary : Competitive base salary dependent on experience
- Start Date : ASAP
- Location : London, Liverpool Street (although we’re currently working remotely)
- Please note that due to the cyclical nature of our events season, holiday approval will be limited from August-November and February-March.
Application & interview process :
- Initial screening call : 20-30 minute Zoom call with our People Team
- 1st round : 45-60 minute interview with our Head of Events
- 2nd round : 60 minute presentation & panel interview
- Final round : Virtual coffee / chat with our CEO
Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis.
We’ll respond to successful applicants within five working days. If you haven’t heard back from us within that time frame, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. If that is the case, we encourage you to keep checking our website for future job openings that might spark your interest!
Please note, right now we don’t have a license to sponsor VISA applicants, so we are only able to accept applications from candidates who already have the full right to work in the UK.