Join us on our mission to connect the next generation with the opportunities, insights and advice to succeed as the workforce of tomorrow.
About Bright Network
At Bright Network, we connect ambitious young people from all backgrounds with the brightest career opportunities. Our leading platform provides members with the tools, advice and insights they need to access brilliant opportunities at global companies – ensuring the next generation finds the future they deserve and businesses identify the most powerful pipeline of tomorrow’s talent.
We help 250+ leading employers such as KPMG, Goldman Sachs and McKinsey & Company reach and recruit a diverse and inclusive pool of high-calibre talent to inspire and empower the next generation to carve out their future … and that’s where you come in!
As we grow and scale, we’re looking for an experienced Events Manager to join our Events Team.
More about the opportunity
As an Events Manager you will take responsibility for end-to-end event management across a portfolio of Bright Network’s events, such as Women in Leadership, Black Heritage Future Leaders and Proud to B.
You’ll be joining a collaborative and growing Events team whose aim is to connect our employer partners and students through exclusive and innovative networking opportunities. Our Events Managers balance strong project coordination and organisation skills with creativity to connect approximately 5,000 students with over 200 of our employer partners every year.
Specifically, you will :
- Deliver end-to-end event management, including but not limited to, preparation and coordination of our (normally in person, currently virtual) events, overseeing the smooth running of the day & overseeing relevant budget.
- Manage a portion of our current portfolio of event clients – working closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to understand client needs and driving positive ROI.
- Build strong working relationships with clients and vendors, including onboarding & acting as first port of call for issues.
- Be the first point of contact for any student enquiries regarding events, from application through to post-event survey.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to ensure events are promoted effectively, reviewing and proofing print and digital marketing materials.
- Undertake administrative responsibilities for vendor accounts on Salesforce and raise invoices for agreed contracts.
Does this sound like you?
- You have at least 2 years’ experience in end-to-end event management.
- You’re keen to develop your expertise further as a key contributor to a high-performing events team in a fast-growth business – happy to work flexibly and effectively with your team to get work done!
- You’re exceptionally organised with meticulous attention to detail – able to maintain a calm demeanor under the pressure of competing deadlines.
- You’re a confident and articulate communicator with a natural ability to build strong & long-lasting relationships with client stakeholders, students & vendors.
- Experience using any of the following would be beneficial, but not essential : Salesforce, Formstack, dotmailer, Google Suite, HTML or website management.
We can offer you :
- The opportunity to work in a high-growth and rapidly scaling business (we recently secured £3.5 million in funding).
- A transparent, values-driven & collaborative working culture (which you can hear more about here!).
- Unlimited holiday & flexible/remote working.
- Open plan Liverpool Street office, with snacks, beer tap & team drinks on Fridays.
- Regular team socials and the annual full team off-site.
Key details :
- Salary : Competitive base salary dependent on experience
- Start Date : ASAP
- Location : London, Liverpool Street (although we’re currently working remotely)
- Please note that due to the cyclical nature of our events season, holiday approval will be limited from August-November and February-March.
Application & interview process :
- Initial screening call : 20-30 minute Zoom call with our People Team
- 1st round : 45-60 minute interview with our Head of Events & Events Manager
- 2nd round : 60 minute presentation & panel interview
- Final round : Virtual coffee / chat with our CEO
Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis.
We’ll respond to successful applicants within five working days. If you haven’t heard back from us within that time frame, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. If that is the case, we encourage you to keep checking our website for future job openings that might spark your interest!
Please note, right now we don’t have a license to sponsor VISA applicants, so we are only able to accept applications from candidates who already have the full right to work in the UK.