Curriculum & Training Director
Join us on our mission to connect the next generation with the opportunities, insights and advice to succeed as the workforce of tomorrow.Apply Now
Curriculum & Training Director – Bright Network Technology Academy
Click here to apply or read more below!
Bright Network exists to connect ambitious young people from all backgrounds with the brightest career opportunities. We partner with 250+ of the world’s leading employers (including the likes of Amazon, Google & Goldman Sachs) and support 500,000+ graduates as they move into the world of work. We’ve raised £8M+ of venture capital and use proprietary data and technology to deliver superior hiring outcomes for our members and client partners.
In January 2021, Bright Network established the Bright Network Technology Academy as part of our mission to train 100,000+ young people in technology and digital skills over the next five years.
We have purpose built a free-to-access training and development bootcamp that will train graduates to become Full Stack Software Engineers in order to help them secure their first jobs. Training of the first cohort of 50 learners started in February and has been hugely successful and our engineers have been thriving with partner firms since May 2021.
More about the opportunity:
We have already run our first iteration of our 12-week training curriculum, but we now have ambitious plans to improve the overall learning experience. We’re seeking an experienced Full Stack Trainer who is passionate about upskilling, mentoring, and teaching others to both iterate and deliver Full Stack Engineering training for our future cohorts.
This is a unique opportunity to be heavily involved in designing our Full Stack Engineering Bootcamp within a fast-scaling team that looks to shake up the ‘Academy’ market and make a genuine difference to young people’s lives. You’ll lead the training delivery team and quickly become the figure head of our curriculum innovation, as we tailor our programmes to industry needs. In addition, you will feel passionate about the ongoing development of our cohorts as they move into roles for our client partners, ensuring each consultant is provided with opportunities to constantly broaden their skillset.
What we’re looking for:
- Multiple years’ experience training people in Software Engineering
- Experience training, mentoring, or supporting junior software engineers
- An expert communicator at all levels of an organisation and you feel confident in a client facing capacity
- Hands on / commercial experience and an understanding of how it works “in the real world” not just in a classroom
- An entrepreneurial mind who is passionate about developing others and is excited by the prospect of truly disrupting and innovating an industry
- An understanding of the entry-level technology market and the requirements of a junior software engineer
- You thrive on feedback and want to continue to develop best in class content for Bright Network Members
We can offer you:
- Autonomy to create and be part of a world beating training bootcamp to develop the brightest, most diverse technology talent on the market
- The chance to disrupt an industry and provide the world’s best employers with better access to high performing technical talent
- An opportunity to be join the team early in our growth journey – scratching your entrepreneurial-itch without the downside risk
- A flat & transparent structure with a values-driven & collaborative culture (which you can hear more about here!)
- The opportunity to work with a high-growth and rapidly scaling business
- Open plan Liverpool Street office, with snacks, beer tap & team drinks on Fridays
- Share options after 1 year’s service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular team socials (virtual and face-to-face when allowed!)
- Salary: Competitive & dependent on experience
- Start Date: ASAP
- Location: Remote or London
- Contract: Permanent
We'll respond to successful applicants within five working days. If you haven't heard back from us within that time frame, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. If that is the case, we encourage you to keep checking the Bright Network Careers Page for future job openings that might spark your interest!