Commercial Director - Bright Network Technology Academy
Join us on our mission to connect the next generation with the opportunities, insights and advice to succeed as the workforce of tomorrow.Apply now
Commercial Director - Bright Network Technology Academy
Click here to apply or scroll down to read more!
Introducing Bright Network Technology Academy:
Bright Network exists to connect ambitious young people from all backgrounds with the brightest career opportunities. We partner with 250+ of the world’s leading employers (including the likes of Amazon, Google & Goldman Sachs) and support 400,000+ graduates as they move into the world of work. We’ve raised £8M+ of venture capital and use proprietary data and technology to deliver superior hiring outcomes for our members and client partners.
In January 2021, Bright Network established the Bright Network Technology Academy as part of our mission to train 100,000+ young people in technology and digital skills over the next five years.
We have purpose built a free-to-access training and development bootcamp that will train graduates to become Full Stack Software Engineers in order to help them secure their first jobs. Training of the first cohort of 50 learners started in February and has been hugely successful and our engineers will be ready to deploy into partner firms from the start of May 2021.
More about the opportunity:
We have secured client partners as early adopters for this initiative and we’re now seeking an experienced Commercial Director to lead the commercial roll-out of the business unit to our blue chip client network.
This is a unique opportunity to build and lead a sales team within an exciting scale-up whilst also making a genuine difference to young people’s lives. You’ll be forming strategic partnerships that will ultimately increase access to careers in technology and improve diversity across the sector.
What objectives will look like for this role:
- You have developed a solid understanding of the Bright Network Technology Academy curriculum - both our learning methodology/content and our offering to clients.
- You can confidently articulate our proposition, learning culture and USPs.
- You have worked closely with delivery and operational teams to understand every aspect of our programme.
- You have set up meetings with stakeholders in current & prospect organisations and have begun to build your client network.
- You’re making recommendations to improve the product, processes and shape the long term vision and strategy.
- You have devised a strong commercial strategy for your first year.
- You have the foundations of a solid pipeline showing 5+ new strategic partnerships that are likely to close within your first year.
- You have strategic account plans in place to build 3 key existing client partners.
- You have onboarded new strategic clients and upsold within existing clients.
- You’re managing a total of 6-10 strategic accounts and a portfolio of upward of £2m per year.
- You have hired at least 2 key team members into your commercial team.
What we're looking for:
- You have at least 8 years' experience working in an Account Management, Client Services, New Business or Sales role, serving enterprise companies (a significant portion of your experience should have been in a quota-carrying sales role)
- You would describe yourself as a self-starter, a builder and a leader
- You’ve sold, upsold and managed an end- to- end sales process with enterprise companies and you understand best practice around both new business and account growth - specifically in negotiating either SaaS / HR / L&D deals and/or selling to Tech or HR leaders
- You have a proven ability to identify buyer personas, access key customers (both companies and individuals) and initiate conversations that lead to six-figure contracts
- You have strong collaboration skills and will work closely with the operations function to ensure we deliver high quality, diverse and engaged candidates to clients with a view to optimising account growth
- You’re an excellent communicator, influencer and negotiator who excels when pitching to a large group of senior stakeholders and can confidently justify ROI of services you’ve sold
- Ideally you have built up your own community of tech leaders who trust you. Alternatively, you will have built a community of (e.g.) HR professionals instead and have a firm understanding of how to build your own client network
- You’re performance and results-oriented with a proven ability to exceed your targets
- You’re analytical, data-driven and confident in your ability to use data to track your performance and continuously improve and support a disciplined sales function
- You’re passionate about technology and understand how corporations are using tech to compete. Ideally you will have either: worked in tech recruitment, Edtech, SaaS, sold to tech leaders
- You have experience in identifying talent and building a team
- You feel passionately about Bright Network’s mission and have a passion for diversity and inclusion
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to join a high-growth and rapidly scaling business (we recently secured £3.5 million in funding)
- A flat & transparent structure with a values-driven & collaborative culture (which you can hear more about here!)
- Unlimited holiday & flexible/remote working
- Open plan Liverpool Street office, with snacks, beer tap & team drinks on Fridays
- Share options after 1 year’s service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular team socials (virtual and face-to-face when allowed!)
We'll respond to successful applicants within five working days. If you haven't heard back from us within that time frame, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. If that is the case, we encourage you to keep checking the Bright Network Careers Page for future job openings that might spark your interest!