Business Development Executive
Join us on our mission to connect the next generation with the opportunities, insights and advice to succeed as the workforce of tomorrow.Apply Now
Join Bright Network as our… Business Development Executive
Click here to apply or read more below!
At Bright Network, we connect ambitious young people from all backgrounds with the brightest career opportunities. Our leading platform provides members with the tools, advice and insights they need to access brilliant opportunities at global companies - ensuring the next generation finds the future they deserve and businesses identify the most powerful pipeline of tomorrow’s talent.
We help 250+ leading employers such as KPMG, Goldman Sachs and McKinsey & Company reach and recruit a diverse and inclusive pool of high-calibre talent to inspire and empower the next generation to carve out their future … and that’s where you come in!
As we grow and scale, we’re looking for a budding Business Development Executive to join our Commercial Team.
More about the opportunity
Reporting into the Business Development Director you will be a foundation of support for Team New Business. This is a brand new role within the business where you can really shape your growth and make a lasting impact. You will be supported by a dedicated B2B marketing team, BD team and wider Commercial team of 10. Your role will be to support the BD function to make a valuable commercial contribution to our business wide revenue target and support us in hitting exciting growth targets.
- Providing comprehensive support to Team New Business as the go to client facing person for all newly generated warm leads
- Use your creativity and autonomy to own and manage the initial stages of lead engagement - ensuring we begin positive conversations with all new business customers
- Respond to all our warm inbound inquiries, qualify leads and set up meetings for our Busines Development team
- Co-managing (with team BD) a range of new business prospects and clients, developing your exposure across teams and the wider business
- Participate in our regular team development sessions, where we reflect on recent activity to build out and practice next steps together
- Collating, drafting and managing updates to deliver to senior stakeholders at enterprise organisations.
- Contributing to Account Management check ins with high profile clients and enterprise organisations alongside the BD team
- Systematically reach out to potential new clients via prospecting calls, emails and LinkedIn to introduce them to our products and services – acting as the front line service for our new clients
- Collaborate closely with the wider Marketing and New Business Team to reply to warm and engaged prospects
- Become a subject matter expert and evangelist of our expansive offering to prospective employer partners
- Ensure and own management of CRM: Salesforce up-to-date at all times to support and manage the new business pipelines
- Regularly feedback on systems and processes to improve the effectiveness of our business development operations
- Speak confidently, be value-centric and stay up to date about how Bright Network supports and partners with leading organisations
- As you gain experience, you will have an increasing part to play in the business development cycle and closing deals – you’ll have a mentor to support you every step of the way
Does this sound like you?
- You'll ideally have at least 3-6 months’ relevant experience (e.g. sales, business development, recruitment, etc.) and be passionate about building a career in business development as part of a scaling business.
- You pride yourself on your excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) – you can confidently build rapport with those around you.
- You’re a self-starter who is full of drive and determination, as well as the energy and resilience to bounce back.
- You’re keen to work as part of a collaborative business development team, where you’ll have the opportunity to learn from those around you – but you’re also confident operating independently.
- You feel passionately about Bright Network’s mission to connect the next generation with the opportunities, insights and advice to succeed as the workforce of tomorrow.
- Experience with Salesforce, Hubspot or similar would be beneficial, but not essential!
We can offer you :
- The opportunity to join a high-growth and rapidly scaling business (we recently secured £3.5 million in funding)
- A flat & transparent structure with a values-driven & collaborative culture (which you can hear more about here!).
- Unlimited holiday & flexible/remote working.
- Open plan Liverpool Street office, with snacks, beer tap & team drinks on Fridays.
- Share options after 1 year’s service.
- Regular team socials and the annual full team off-site.
Key details :
- Salary : Competitive base salary dependent on experience
- Start Date : ASAP
- Location : London, Liverpool Street with remote-working flexibility
- Reporting to : Business Development Director
Application & interview process :
- Initial screening call : 20-30 minute Zoom call with our People Team
- 1st round : 45-60 minute interview with our Business Development Director
- 2nd round : 60 minute presentation & panel interview
- Final round : Virtual coffee / chat with our CEO
Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis.
We'll respond to successful applicants within five working days. If you haven't heard back from us within that time frame, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. If that is the case, we encourage you to keep checking the Bright Network Careers Page for future job openings that might spark your interest!