Operations Intern (Technology Academy)
Join us on our mission to connect the next generation with the opportunities, insights and advice to succeed as the workforce of tomorrow.Apply Now!
Join Bright Network Technology Academy as an Operations Intern!
Scroll down to learn more or click here to apply now!
Introducing Bright Network Technology Academy:
Bright Network exists to connect ambitious young people from all backgrounds with the brightest career opportunities. We partner with 250+ of the world’s leading employers (including the likes of Amazon, Google & Goldman Sachs) and support 600,000+ graduates as they move into the world of work.
In January 2021, Bright Network established the Bright Network Technology Academy as part of our mission to train 100,000+ young people in technology and digital skills over the next five years.
We have purpose built a free-to-access training and development bootcamp that will train graduates to become Full Stack Software Engineers in order to help them secure their first jobs. We have trained over 100 engineers since February 2021 and have deployed Software Engineers to some of the world’s largest businesses.
Our academy is driven by a strong affinity to diversity, inclusion and social mobility. We recently started training our fifth cohort in April 2022, with 55% of cohort members being female, 24% being black heritage and 38% having received free school meals.
More about the opportunity:
After an incredible first year, our technology academy is growing at speed, and we’re looking for an ambitious graduate to help us as we scale.
This person will be hands-on in crafting the graduate and consultant experience allowing us to continue offering world-class training to under-represented groups in technology. This opportunity would suit a go-getter who is keen to take on a variety of responsibilities quickly. They will work across all teams to drive operational excellence and collaborate directly with executive-level team members.
Whilst no two days will be the same, some responsibilities you can expect to be involved will include:
- Playing an integral part in the end-to-end recruitment process of graduates onto the bootcamp and ensuring a stellar candidate experience
- Being the friendly face for all new joiners of the Bright Network Technology Academy and supporting their onboarding journey
- Liaising between Sales and Delivery to support the placement of consultants
- Thinking strategically about programme improvements day-to-day and seeing ideas through to implementation
- Working directly with the community manager to organise and facilitate events for all working consultants
- Some data management duties
This is initially a 3-month contract to support the delivery of the fifth cohort and consultants in role. However, there is a possibility that we will look to extend the contract or to make it a permanent role on completion.
Does this sound like you?
- Recent graduate who specialises in ‘getting things done’
- Operationally minded – you understand process, you can spot opportunities, you have great organisational skills and love problem solving
- You thrive in ambiguity and are proactive – relishing the opportunity to learn, build new skills, and take action where you see necessary
- Someone who does their best work when working in a fast-paced, innovative team where no two days are the same
- A stellar communicator (both written and verbally)
- An entrepreneurial mind who is quick to adapt, passionate about developing others, and is excited by the prospect of truly disrupting and innovating an industry
- Solutions-orientated, always happy to take the initiative to suggest ways of getting stuff done.
- Comfortable working with data and Excel
- An interest / understanding in the Technology and Graduate Recruitment sector would be desirable
We can offer you
- An opportunity to be at the heart of delivering industry disruption
- A huge scope for learning new skills and working in areas you may never have thought you would
- Autonomy to own the delivery of key project milestones
- A collaborative, values-driven working culture
- The opportunity to work with a high-growth and rapidly scaling business
- Hybrid working – open plan Liverpool Street office complete with snacks, beer tap, and regular team socials
- £50 per month flexible wellbeing budget to be spent on the wellbeing benefits of your choice through our benefits platform
- Enhanced pension contribution through Aviva
- Private healthcare plan
- Salary: £22,000 per annum
- Start Date: ASAP
- Location: London/Remote
- Contract: Initially 3-months with the potential to extend or be made permanent
- Management: Report to the Performance and Community Manager of BNTA
Click here to apply now!
- 20-30 minute screening call with People team
- 60 minute video call with the Bright Network Technology Academy team
- Panel Interview and short meeting with James Uffindell CEO & Founder of Bright Network